Related Posts with Thumbnails

more snacks

So, want to see what I've been up to the past few days?:)

I made some Biscotti! I used this recipe, but I used 1 1/2 cups of cranberries and 3/4 cup of sliced almonds instead. Then I covered one side in melted white chocolate! mmmm....



Then I made some Coconut Balls....OMG these are amazing! I will admit I got them from Martha Stewart's site....I've always been a bit skeptic of her...to say the least, but these are SUCH winners! I love coconut. like LOVE. These taste like macaroons....sorta.....but at the same time its so buttery and crumbly melt in your mouth goodness :)

Heres the Recipe: (or find it here)

Coconut Balls

Makes 36

  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (or 1 cup)
  • 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar, plus more for dusting
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter with 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar until fluffy. Mix in flour and salt until they're just combined. Stir in coconut.
  2. Roll dough into 1-inch balls;** I found that mine just would NOT form a dough, no matter HOW much I beat the mixture! So I just took the crumbs and formed it into little balls by squeezing them hard in my hands.....turned out great either way! :) place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake until just starting to brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Roll the warm cookies in confectioners' sugar; let cool completely.




And Fnally, I made some good old fashion peanut butter cookies! I had a fav recipe that I couldnt find, but I *think* this was it? Close to anyways! :) It was pretty good!








Recipe:

Peanut Butter Sensation Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1/2 cup Shortening
  • 1 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/4 cups Flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt

PREPARATION DIRECTIONS:

  1. HEAT oven to 375°F.
  2. COMBINE shortening, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg.
  3. COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended. Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Make crisscross pattern on dough with floured fork.
  4. BAKE 8 to 10 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.


Well thats all for now, pretty LONGGGG post huh? :) well, I also made a coffe cake today, pics up tomorrow hopefully! :)


oh! and Happy Holidays everyone! =D

Best panini press  – (May 5, 2020 at 5:28 AM)  

This is fantastic blog because I have learned too much from here. Seriously this type of guide is definitely super it definitely helped me.
panini press
commercial panini press
breville panini press
how to clean a panini press
OXO Good Grips Electric Grill and Panini Press Brush

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP