Related Posts with Thumbnails

Earl Grey Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting

I've been SO so SOOO very busy with school this week....I've been dying. literally. I have had this week marked as the "week from hell" on my calendar. And obviously as a result I've had absolutly no time to even think about baking something up, but alas I ahve things to share today, because I have a 'stockpile' so to speak of baked yummies I made during my spring break!:)
**the following is personal story, if your interested read on, if not, scroll down to the pretty cupcakes!=D

But yes, I should probably be working on the 2 essays I have due tomorrow. But quite honestly, Im sick of essays at the moment. I had to hand in a Law Essay Monday night at 12pm, so I was at school till then.....then Yesterday(Tuesday) I had to hand in a Human Rights Essay (Why Racial Profiling is ineffective and deteimental ;) ) at 6:05. MY OH MY. My Prof is the MOST understanding prof in the world, def one of my fav, but he has a rule that if you dont hand it in by the start of class(6:05) its late. which is fair i guess. Only he CLOCKS it. If you hand it in at 6:06 ....ITS LATE ....and you loose 5% .....This should be fine if you dont procrastinate, but alas I do. So when I finished my spiffy essay at 5:30pm, I had to get a ride from mom across town to my school, a usually 25 - 30 min ride. Ofcourse Dad was out with the car at that point, and I had to wait outside till he got back so I could jump in.

My mom drove like a mad lady. And of course, whenever the universe KNOWS your late or in a hurry, it decides to send you plenty of red lights and traffic in places there has never been traffic before. Bitch. So, like a scene out of a James Bond movie, I jump out of the car while it's still moving and run into the building, going full speed, but damn me and my lazyness....Im so NOT used to running or going up stairs (elevators are my friend;)) That as soon as I ran up the first set of stairs, I was bent over backwards gasping for air. yah. thats me.

So finally after running and panting and grabbing my side cause of a cramp I got from runnning and panting, I managed to hand it in at get this: 6:04.

BOO-YAHHH! :)

P.S. My mom hates me. She says I cause her too much stress. LOL (she was more stressed over me handing it in on time then I was!)



But anywhoo.....back to the BAKING part! yay:) Ok so, I was looking through tastespotting a little while ago and I noticed an early grey cupcake recipe, I checked out the blog, but somehow I closed the window without noticing and lost the recipe. :/ SO....google is thy friend.

I ended up making these little babies.


with lemon frosting ofcourse.

They tasted pretty damn good! The lemon and the earl grey accent each other very well! But ofcourse, my mom had to wipe off all the frosting from her cupcakes before she could eat them. She said that she didnt like the frosting, (ofcourse-she hates frosting of any kind) but that she LOVED the cupcake, it has a nice floral tone....she actually thought I had put in rose water!


Anywho...without further adu, heres the recipe...with my alterations ofcourse!:)

Earl Grey Cupcake

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (I use margarine...I know...Im horrible)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp. of loose Earl Grey tea leaves ( I suppose you could use a teabag, but if you want LOTSA aroma and flavour...do yourself a favour and use loose leaf tea)
Preheat the oven to 350.

Beat the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time, making sure they are thoroughly combined before adding the next one.

Mix together the dry ingredients, including the tea. If your using loose tea leaves like me, then you may (or may not) want to grind them down a bit, you can do that with a mini blender, or just with your fingers, etc...

Beat in half of the dry mixture. Then add the milk. Then add the rest of the dry mixture, stirring until just combined. DONT OVER STIR. Line the cupcake pan with 12 cups(mine made about 16) and fill them about two-thirds full.

Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool thoroughly before frosting.



Thats all for now! toodles! :)

Sara  – (March 5, 2009 at 12:19 AM)  

These look really tasty...I love the stars on top! And the combo of flavors sound terrific. Awesome photos!

ashieBee  – (March 5, 2009 at 6:04 AM)  

that is such a cutie!!! and look tasty too nyumnyum :))

you sure bake alooooooot. everything looks sooo pwetty. and pics are nice too. what camera do u use?

**hugs**

Sakorarox  – (March 5, 2009 at 9:08 AM)  

Thanks a lot for the nice comments! ^^

and yes...I LOVE to bake..A LOT! lol but I dont even post up half of them....I go through phases of 'omg I dont have school work' so i bake like 3 times day to make up for the 3 weeks I have to go without!:P lol then I gradually add the photos for them every few days.

And I use a Canon Rebel Xs :)

Elyse  – (March 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM)  

These cupcakes sound like the perfect treat after a hellish week. They look fantastic!! And, man, I hate when you need to be somewhere and the lights turn red just to spite it. Horrible! Glad you got your paper in!!

Sakorarox  – (March 5, 2009 at 11:41 AM)  

Thanks Elise! I know right? Its like the universe decides to take out all of its anger on you when your late. lol

Hillary  – (March 5, 2009 at 12:04 PM)  

Earl grey tea so I imagine I would love these cupcakes! Very nice photos too.

Hillary
Chew on That

Esi  – (March 12, 2009 at 3:34 PM)  

These cupcakes look great! Thanks for finding me through tastespotting..your blog looks wonderful and for being new and already having 4 posts I would say you're on your way!

Anonymous –   – (March 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM)  

I just found this on tastespotting, and had to try it right away. They are amazingly floral, and smell dee-lish! I used a vanilla earl gray, which was wonderful! The only change I made isn't picture perfect, but due to the absence of confectioner's sugar I madea simple Tbsp Lemon Juice to tsp sugar 'glaze' which i poured on top. Best.Cupcakes.Ever.

Sakorarox  – (March 16, 2009 at 6:22 PM)  

Lol glad you liked it Bernadette! I knwo SO good right? Also, vannila earl grey? *oh the possibilites!* lol

Jasmine Maharisi  – (May 19, 2009 at 12:01 AM)  

On the day my final paper was due last semester, my car ran out of gas in the middle of the school parking lot on campus. I was going to stop for gas, but I was afraid that if I did, I would be late turning in my paper. Needless to say, I was late turning in my paper.

Anonymous –   – (November 13, 2009 at 7:17 AM)  

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

chero –   – (May 6, 2010 at 3:45 PM)  

I'm going to try these this weekend!! Do you have the lemon frosting posted, or am I blind?! lol

Sakorarox  – (May 6, 2010 at 6:13 PM)  

Chero,

You are right there is no frosting recipe! lol but dont worry, all I did was pick a standard buttercream frosting and replaced the milk with lemon juice and tossed in a bit of lemon rind for good measure ;)

Anonymous –   – (May 7, 2010 at 1:08 AM)  

I couldn't wait so I made the cupcakes without making the frosting and I can't lie, this recipe tastes pretty darn good. hehe Now off to go make the frosting! Thanks for sharing with us, Zahra!

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP