Related Posts with Thumbnails

Gardening?



Hello, hello,

*gasp* I know! 2 posts in one week? lol Hopefully this will happen more often now that I have no school (OMG YAY NO SCHOOL!)

My parents are really encouraging (by encouraging I mean threatening my baking lifestyle) by REALLY urging me to start cooking...or else....!

Yes, they blame me for their weight gain and my dad's diagnosis of diabetes, cause I constantly have baked goods in the house. My excuse is: " I don’t MAKE you eat them...control yourselves!" but that is another story all together! ;)

So today, I made lunch. Post on that is coming.

But back to the post at hand, as the title indicates, gardening. I for one have never planted anything in my life (ok, that’s a lie: in 3rd grade we had to plant bean sprouts....but that doesn’t count!) but suddenly...it seems I've caught the bug for it? Its the strangest thing! In fact I've spent hours today just googling up info on it. But don’t get me wrong, this isn’t floral gardening and such, its FOOD. (Though I doubt it will look like anything like the one above)

I'm seriously considering growing a herbal garden and a few other vegetables this summer in my backyard! I’m thinking along the lines of peppermint, basil, and sage, as well as maybe some strawberries, tomatoes and eggplant! I really think growing some of this stuff will really encourage me to get into cooking (and make me eat more healthily to boot!) I've also stumbled upon an article about how to make fresh herbal tea out of herbs you grow! (that got me really excited- even though I hate herbal tea....maybe its cause its not fresh? ;))

Now that I think of it...it seems almost natural for me to grow a garden.....it seems almost like a MUST for a foodie!

Anywho, Im not mislead into thinking this will be easy, but hopefully it'll work out? Im really excited! And if you have any tips or tricks please do leave them in the comments!

Also, if anybody else is a newbie at this, and is willing to try to get a green thumb this summer, it would be fun to do this with someone else and blog about it ( or 2, or 3 or more people;) )

Well thats it for now, as you can see with all of the " ! " in this post, Im pretty excited about this.



*** P.S. I decided to look back over my browsers and figure out WHY exactly I got inspired to this..... well here’s how: It started when I looked at an article by Skinny Chef "Chefs who grow, know." I was led to this article by the main page of skinny chef, in turn I was lead to the main page by, get this, a post on how to build a better cupcake. and how did I get to that page? From cupcakestakethecake of course! ahh....cupcakes. I knew you would never do me wrong ;)

Elyse  – (April 25, 2009 at 5:04 PM)  

I love that: control yourselves. If your parents are anything like me, they can't control themselves around yummy treats. And we all know that you make super yummy treats :) I think you should definitely try your hand at a garden! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Larissa  – (May 2, 2009 at 6:08 PM)  

A few summers ago, I started growing my own herbs and a few vegetables. It was so great to have fresh ingredients on hand!

And regarding your question about my haupia squares recipe, 1 1/2 blocks is equal to 3/4 cups butter.

Unknown  – (May 5, 2009 at 10:38 AM)  

I'm a newbie gardener and we have a backyard where we're already let the grass die. This is so much like what I want to do!! Beautiful.

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP