Related Posts with Thumbnails

Cupcake Fever

Hello,

So much for not taking so many pics and blogging more regularly. *sigh*



But in my defense I have been pretty busy! Why? because my cupcake fever came back!:O



(The fondant-ness started when I found 3 unfrosted cupcakes left over from this(they were rock hard! so we didnt eat these 3....but they inspired the rest) .... so ignore the burned paper parts :P)








What is cupcake fever you ask? Well it is a devastating disease. When one succumbs to it, they have this need for constant cupcake baking and cupcake decorating. The more they bake the more they need it. Scourging through online blogs and through cookbooks, in search of that PURRR-fect next recipe to try. In a given week, depending on just how bad their disease is, they may bake anywhere between 2 batches of cupcakes to as much as 10! This obsession not only affects the poor victims waist line and sanity, but also that of their family, who are forced against their will to consume more cupcakes than is intended for a human. These poor victims will do anything for their next bite of cupcake-y goodness....










The most unfortunate part? there is no cure. NO CURE. It is quite interesting to note....that at times some people just get over it and become good as new (though they still have those haunting dreams about when they would stay up until 2 am baking cupcakes and slathering on frosting, with crazy people hair and a mess of a kitchen). Whilst others....never do get over their cupcake fever....and others (like myself) go into remission...and come crashing back at the slightest smell of a cupcake, or the prettiest picture of piped frosting on a flickr picture .... (shakes fist at flickr)






Now, for me, I am ashamed (well not really) to say that I was weak...that i crashed....I now have cupcake Fever.

About a year ago, I got hit, for the first time with this disease....I baked quite literally every day after school , though my friends loved it...my family....(and their getting bigger waistlines...)did not! After a few months I managed to go into remission... cupcake clean for almost a year ( with the occasional craving now and again which I admit - I satisfied.)



These pics are a few pics of cupcakes I made...while trying to make my first ever cupcakes with fondant. (cupcake fever will make you do the craziest things ;) )





(I made quite the mess!)

The past few days I have been playing quite a lot with my fondant, and will post more about that later. I hope to update soon. I should prob note that i didnt intend on writing this post like this AT ALL, but alas, it seems the cupcake fever is that severe ;)

Do you or someone you know, ever been effected by the cupcake fever? If so, let me know. We are not alone.

My name is Zahra, and I am a Cupcakeholic.



Marian  – (June 7, 2009 at 6:33 AM)  

I hear you! I have cupcake, cookie and am starting to have cake fever too!

Jordan  – (June 7, 2009 at 10:50 AM)  

you WOULD blog about this! i'm thinking we should get you into a CBA group (cupcake bakers anonymous)

chocolatecup  – (June 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM)  

lol@the comment on cupcake bakers anonymous!! haha. sorry but i think cupcake fever is a gd thing:P

Anonymous –   – (June 7, 2009 at 12:08 PM)  

unfortunately I suffer the same disease! my constant baking and obsession with foodgawker consumes me! go luck on a cure.... I haven't found one yet! :)
-JoJo

Unknown  – (June 9, 2009 at 8:59 PM)  

You should have saw this coming Zahra.... but remember cupcakes are a gateway treat so you need to avoid moving up to the more dangerous treats like cake or pie! because remember: they can by fatal!

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP