Related Posts with Thumbnails

Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate Ganache and Fondant Decorations :)

Hello!



Sorry about the lack of posts! Ive been really busy! To name a few things is a broken mixer (deadly fro any baker!) I also bought a new camera lens! (which is what I used to take these pictures with!:) ) I just got a new full time summer job, (my first full time job ever!:D) and that has kept me uber busy..... I sometimes come home so tired that i just want to plop onto my bed and not get up ever again! But alas I do....bright and early at 6am :/ *sigh*




But alas....I cant complain, I have a pretty good job (Program Assistant aka Administrative Assistant for the Ministry of Child and Youth Services) lol , but more on that later.



Im also trying to fix up my old blog posts....you know..those pesky labels? Im actually doing it right now ;)

Now on to these yummy nummy cupcakes! I actually made these almost a month ago but never got around to posting!



It was my first time making chocolate ganache, and I have to say, I fell in LOVE! It was SO smooth, and velvety and rich...and CHOCOLATY! Chocolate buttercream dilutes the chocolate flavour in my opinion but this ganache had a very pure chocolaty flavour.



I had 2 packets of chocolate on hand, and I ended up using Hershey's Extra Dark Reserve 70% CACAO, and also some Hershey's semisweet chocolate chips.





I ended up adding the chocolate chips because I'm not a fan of very dark chocolate, but I love the intensity of it. Next time I will probably add more semisweet chocolate chips :)



But either way it was SO YUM on a nice moist vanilla cupcake!

And the best part? It was SO EASY TO MAKE!



I adapted my recipe from a few places, according to what I thought would work.

Rich Chocolate Ganache:

*100 gr dark chocolate
*1/4cup-1/2cup semisweet chocolate (depends on personal taste)
* 100 ml whipping cream

1. cut up chocolate into small pieces and place into a bowl
2. bring your cream to an almost boil
3. pour over the chocolate and allow it to sit for about 5 min
4. slowly mix until melted (try not to incorporate air into the mixture)
5. You can beat it (optional) then put it in the fridge to firm up a bit to desirable spreading consistency







As well a big hello/welcome to my new followers!:D Thanks for following! **maybe I shouldpost sooner just for you lot ;)



Anonymous –   – (June 25, 2009 at 6:47 AM)  

Once your mixer is up and running again, you can also take the ganache a step further by whipping it for 5 minutes, while it's still warm. Creates quite a nice, fluffy texture to the ganache (also one of my favorites to top any cake, cup or otherwise!)

Anyway, I found you on TasteSpotting and am writing to say that if you have any photos that aren’t accepted there, I’d love to publish them. Visit my new site (below), it’s a lot of fun! I hope you will consider it.

Best,
Casey
Editor
www.tastestopping.wordpress.com

Jennifer  – (June 25, 2009 at 7:03 AM)  

Simply elegant. Truly such a lovely cupcake and WOW it sounds rich...yum!!!

tara  – (June 25, 2009 at 10:11 AM)  

Beautifully done. Ganache is one of those things that you'll find yourself using again and again, as is for a glaze, or whipped (as tastestopping said) for a ultimately-rich frosting.

Alejandra Ramos  – (June 25, 2009 at 3:26 PM)  

These look delicious! Great job and congrats on the new job.

Annie H  – (June 26, 2009 at 11:52 AM)  

What was the vanilla cake recipe you used? It looks so good!

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP