Related Posts with Thumbnails

Garlic Spinach




Sorry bout being a little quiet the past few days! What with being sick and falling behind with everything, I haven't had much time to update this blog. (I also managed to finish that Thomas Hobbes essay! MAN that guy needs to think his thoughts straight and not be such a pessimist! )



Also, thanks for the opinions and well wishes from my last post :) Seems like ginger has some magical qualities I should try next time?



So, this is just going to be a quick update seeing as I don't have much time - I'm typing this up in my Criminal Law class...I know, I know, I'm a wonderful student aren't I?

I made some spinach last week, a semi-regular staple in our house. I love mine with a few scoops of cold creamy plain yogurt...mmm..... how bout you guys? How do YOU like your spinach? :)



Garlic Spinach Recipe:



* 16 oz of Fresh Spinach (I used 2 of these prepackaged packets)
* 1/4 cup of olive oil
* 1 tbsp of butter
* 1 tsp of lemon juice
* 4-6 cloves of garlic, crushed and diced finely (depends on how garlicy you want it)

Instructions:

1. Pour olive oil and butter into a big pan and allow to warm up and melt. Add the garlic and fry until just slightly browned- make sure you don't burn it!
***make sure you use a big pan! The spinach takes up a LOT of space before it gets cooked! I had to switch pans!





2. Wash spinach well and toss it into the pan, and stir to avoid any burning.
** I found that adding one packet at a time worked best since it takes a lot of space when uncooked!

3. Pour some lemon juice on top and you are done!

** you could try and sprinkle some cheese on there if you'd like too! :)



Anonymous –   – (March 1, 2010 at 5:08 PM)  

This looks delicious! I definitely plan on trying this in the near future, probably with your cheese suggestion

Mackenzie

Sylvia  – (March 10, 2010 at 7:47 PM)  

One of my favorites dishes , we love garlic

Trissa  – (March 14, 2010 at 7:01 AM)  

I love creamed spinach or plain fresh in a sandwich - yum!

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP