Related Posts with Thumbnails

Martha's Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies



look at this. I mean look at it. I DARE you not to make this ;)


I have no idea how this past week has come and gone. I promised myself I would update at least another 2 times during the week, but alas, it is Sunday again. I’ve been so very busy this week running around town going to interviews. I have been quite the mess! I would wake in the morning at the early wee hours (in my case 9 am…the insanity!) and get dressed in my most dressed up blazer and pants I own and run out the door in my heels, always managing to leave a lot later than I anticipated! I now have a pair of feet covered in painful blisters from all that running around in all those heels. *cries*





Perhaps I should back up a little first and explain that I am enrolled in my degree’s coop program. For those of you who don’t know, coop is basically a structured to fit into your program student work program. For example, in first semester of this year I took a course in coop, then a bunch of jobs are posted for us to apply to from different ministries and NGO’s etc, and we apply and get paying jobs in our field, while still studying. This is a perfect opportunity no?!




But of course, this is Zahra’s life we are talking about. And nothing is that easy. The year that I got into coop (this year) the fee has jumped about 10x the original! As well, due to the rough economic times….there has been a decrease in jobs available for students (one coop advisor told me more than half of usual employers aren’t employing!). Thus, I have had no interviews all semester (I’ve been applying since January) and was quite depressed at the fact that I would lose all the money I paid and still be unemployed.

However, this week had turned up more positive, I suddenly had interviews right after another! But unfortunately, it seems that they wont amount to any jobs! :( Anywho, I thought I should just update you guys on why I have been gone and whats going on with me.




Now, what always helps with the unemployment blues are these soft chocolate chip cookies – that is if you end up with cookies at all! (the dough is very yummy) What I particularly enjoyed about these cookies was how soft and cakey they were. I’m used to eating crunchier ones, and these were absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making more of this!




Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

Makes about 2 dozen
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons sour cream ( I used yogurt)
  • 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips ( I only used 1 cup of semisweet chips and I found it was more than enough)
  • 3/4 cup milk-chocolate chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. Beat butter and sugars with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with sour cream, and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. Cover, and freeze for 10 minutes.
  2. Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment, spacing about 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly. Bake until centers are set and cookies are pale golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.






Alicia - Bakeaholic  – (June 30, 2010 at 1:21 AM)  

i made these last year as well and they were so good! I made them a second time and somehow it wasn't as good as the first. I used semi sweet and milk chocolate chips the first time, maybe the milk chocolate made them better!

Post a Comment

Random Fun Stuff

Song of the week: Glee Season 2!!

Watching: Criminal Minds season 6 (man! its mind blowing)

Inspirational Quote:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself"

Random Foodie Fact:

"The world's first chocolate candy was produced in 1828 by Dutch chocolate-maker Conrad J. Van Houten."

Privacy Policy (c) edible-moments 2010

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP